This 200 acre park is the newest addition to Thompson's Station. Formerly a local grazing pasture, this property was once part of the Battle of Thompson's Station, a noteworthy confederate victory in the Civil War.
There are several existing structures on the property, mostly barns and feeding stands. The fenced-in areas located near the main barn are on loan to the Tennessee Equine Hospital while the rest of the garage space is used by the Town's Maintenance Department. These areas are off-limits.
The park is in it's early stages. There are no bathrooms or water fountains as of yet in the park. There are currently only natural/mowed paths throughout the landscape. In the future, a hiking/bike path will be built to connect this park to the Community Gardens and Independence High School.
The hilltop is approximately half a mile from the parking area.
Location: Going west on Thompson's Station Rd W., past Town Hall and the red caboose, 100 yards past the train tracks on the right is the southwest corner of the park. Address: 1600 Thompson's Station Rd West, Thompson's Station TN