- 7 p.m.
- The 4th Tuesday of every month (except December)
- Thompson's Station Community Center
1555 Thompson's Station Road West
Thompson's Station, TN 37179
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes | View Agendas and Minutes From 2011 and Older
- Trent Harris, Chairman, Term expires 12/2020
- Bob Whitmer, Vice Chairman, Term expires 11/2019
- Tara Rumpler, Commissioner, Term expires 11/2019
- Kreis White, Mayor's Appointee, Term expires with Mayor
- Luis Parra, Commissioner, Term expires 12/2022
- Sheila Shipman, Commissioner, Term expires 12/2022
- Shaun Alexander, Alderman/Secretary, Term expires with Board term
- The Mayor or his/her designee
- 1 Alderman selected by the Board of Mayor and Aldermen
- 5 members appointed by the Mayor
The Planning Commission makes decisions regarding vision, growth, development and zoning for Thompson’s Station in accordance with the Town’s adopted Comprehensive Plan (PDF) and Land Development Ordinance (PDF).
The Town of Thompson’s Station Planning Commission seeks to make the community the best possible place to live, work and play while preserving the rural beauty of the area. The Planning Commission is intended to provide leadership to guide the growth of the community into a vibrant and economically distinctive town. The Planning Commission has a commitment to pursuing plans, policies and programs that realize the vision of the community. The Commission desires to work toward development that seeks to not only promote economic viability but also provide for environmental preservation and improved quality of life for all residents.
For more information on projects in Thompson's Station, visit our Current Projects page.
The Building Permit Application is used to obtained the following permits:
- Right of Way
Other Permit Requests
General Entitlement Application: These applications are used for home occupations/residential businesses, and all planning related requests.
Please visit the Planning and Zoning page and the Permits page for applications and additional information.
Interested in Serving?
Citizens interested in participating on the Planning Commission can fill out the following form for consideration when the next vacancies occur. Members are appointed by the Board of Mayor and Alderman of Thompson's Station.
Planning Commission Interest Form