The Town of Thompson's Station developed the Land Development Ordinance in 2015 with public input and assistance from the Placemakers LLC during our Next Stop: Thompson's Station charrette.
[Wikipedia: A charrette (pronounced [shuh-ret]) . . . is an intense period of design or planning activity.]
The document establishes the zoning standards that guide future residential and commercial developments in the Town.
The LDO is separated into 5 Articles or Sections:
1. General Provisions - Authority, Intent and Definitions
2. Sector Plan - Adopted Sector Plan and Community Types, etc..
3. Subdivision Regulations - Subdivision Standards, Floodplain Regulations, Access, Drainage, Sewage, Utilities, etc..
4. Zoning - Lot Standards, Use Restrictions, Parking/Lighting/Fencing/Buffering/Landscaping /Signage Standards, etc..
5. Administration and Process - Subdivision and Zoning Process, Plans and Applications, Approval Authority, etc..