Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Town of Thompson's Station developed the Land Development Ordinance in 2015 with public input and assistance from the Placemakers LLC during our Next Stop: Thompson's Station charrette.
[Wikipedia: A charrette (pronounced [shuh-ret]) . . . is an intense period of design or planning activity.]
The document establishes the zoning standards that guide future residential and commercial developments in the Town.
The LDO is separated into 5 Articles or Sections:
1. General Provisions - Authority, Intent and Definitions
2. Sector Plan - Adopted Sector Plan and Community Types, etc..
3. Subdivision Regulations - Subdivision Standards, Floodplain Regulations, Access, Drainage, Sewage, Utilities, etc..
4. Zoning - Lot Standards, Use Restrictions, Parking/Lighting/Fencing/Buffering/Landscaping /Signage Standards, etc..
5. Administration and Process - Subdivision and Zoning Process, Plans and Applications, Approval Authority, etc..
PDF version of Land Development Ordinance