- Town Projects & Developments
- Planning Projects
- Growth Plan Update - Urban Growth Boundary
Growth Plan Update - Urban Growth Boundary
Urban Growth Boundary - Growth Plan Update
The Growth Plan Update is a planning process that will revise the Town’s Urban Growth Boundaries, which will determine where the Town will grow through the year 2040.
This is an opportunity for community members to help shape the future of the Town by providing ideas, concerns, and priorities that will guide the recommendations for the Growth Plan Update.
Growth Plan Details:
- This is not an annexation plan. Annexation, under Tennessee state law, only occurs at the request of the property owner. This Growth Plan will not annex your property within Thompson’s Station.
- This will not impact or change your property tax. Unless you request annexation into Thompson’s Station, your property tax will not be changed at all.
- This will not change your address. Addressing is handled by the Post Office and would not be impacted by the Growth Plan Update at all.
- Growth Plan Update is a county-wide effort. Each municipality in the County is participating in planning for growth over the next 20 years. This is the first update to the Growth Plan since 2001.
- The Growth Plan Update will help the County and the Town better manage and plan for growth over time.
Below is the current draft of the Urban Growth Boundary for Thompson's Station. It shows where the proposed UGB will be. Click the image for a PDF version of the map.
Public Meetings for Citizen Feedback
The Town of Thompson’s Station held a Public Meeting for the Growth Plan Update on Tuesday, August 17, 2021, from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Thompson’s Station Community Center, located at 1555 Thompson’s Station Road West. The meeting was open house come-and-go, with multiple stations set up for citizens to provide comments and feedback on this important project. This was the second in a series Public Meetings. A brief overview of the planning process was be provided around 5:15 p.m. (See video below)
The public meetings are an opportunity for the public to provide feedback on how and where Thompson’s Station should grow. The initial Public Meeting was held June 27, 2021.
September 21st Growth Plan Meeting
The September 21st 2021 Growth Plan Meeting was the 3rd meeting that took place virtually to unveil the Town’s Growth Plan recommendations. Mayor Napier opened the Growth Update with comments on the overall process and Town Planning Director Micah Wood made the main presentation that included results from the previous meetings .
The video was live-streamed on the Town Website and is available to view here: Sep. 21st Growth Plan Meeting Video
The presentation shown is available in a slideshow below and here as a PDF: Sep. 21st Growth Plan Meeting Presentation
Use the following link to submit your comments before or after the Sep. 21st Meeting: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2VLJTJL
Mayor Corey Napier and Town Planning Director Micah Wood present the new Future Growth Plan for Thompson's Station at Sep. 21st meeting
“The Town of Thompson’s Station takes preservation and growth seriously. We’re hosting this meeting, as well as future meetings, to provide the public an opportunity to participate in this very important community planning process. Comments and information received from this meeting will be critical to create a workable, community-driven plan. We ask the public to come to this meeting to share their ideas and input on how and where Thompson’s Station should grow” said Town Mayor Corey Napier.