Sarah Benson Park
|Other Link||Sarah Benson Park Webpage|
- ADA Accessible
- Benches (viewing area)
- Bike Trail
- Pavilion - Lower ($50.00 Add-on)
- Pavilion - Upper ($50.00 Add-on)
- Picnic Areas
- Stage ($50.00 Add-on)
- Walking Track
Please check the facility reservation calendar or call Town Hall to confirm pavilion availability prior to submitting in a rental application.
The pavilions at the Town Park are available for rent by filling out an online pavilion request form when you visit a specific pavilion's sub-facility page for an online application. Look for the "Request Reservation Button" on the Lower Pavilion, Upper Pavilion and Stage sub-pages, listed below.
The park pavilions can be rented with a deposit of $50. Please be sure to leave the pavilion clean and all trash removed from the pavilion area.
A Sarah Benson Park Map is available for download.
- 10 picnic tables
- 3 BBQ grills
- Additional parking available upon request
- Close to restrooms and playground
- 4 picnic tables
- 2 BBQ grills
- Electricity available upon request
- No tables or grills, but you are welcome to bring your own
Town Park Rules and Procedures
- Hours of use are Dawn to Dusk.
- All dogs shall be leashed, except within the fenced areas at Nutro Dog Park.
- Adult supervision is required for all minor children.
- The following are strictly prohibited: The consumption, possession, or usage of alcohol; Smoking, including vaping; The use of personal fireworks and/or sparklers; Weapons; Glass containers; Harvesting firewood and/or cutting/removal of any trees; Fires, except for the grills provided; Littering and/or dumping; Signs/bills, including political signs; Hunting; Removal of cultural/historic artifacts; Unauthorized motorized vehicles, including drones; Camping/Overnight Parking; Commercial/For-profit activities; External equipment (bouncy house, tents, trailers, port-a-potties, etc.)
- Any event over thirty (35) people or as deemed by Town Staff shall require the approval of an Event Permit from the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board.
Bikes are only permitted on Alexander Trail (part of Heritage Park, connected to Sarah Benson Park).
Lost and Found
The Town of Thompson's Station is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please be sure to lock vehicles and safely store personal items. No personal items will be stored by Town staff for any reason. Lost and Found items can be collected at Town Hall during regular business hours. For questions regarding lost items, please contact Jennifer Banaszak by email or directly at (615) 794-4333